Midwest Food Equipment Service Inc.
Covid-19 Preparedness and Responsive Plan
Midwest Food Equipment Service is committed to the safety and protection of our valued employees and customers.
To assure safe and healthful working conditions: to reduce the risk of worker and customer exposure to COVID-19 in our workplace and on site locations as described in the sections below.
All employees will be required to access mfeservice.com/covid employee sign in:
PRIOIR to leaving home if travel direct to customer site
Upon arrival at company site locations
All high touch surfaces: Office, vehicle and equipment being repaired: will be properly sanitized. Employees will be supplied with needed training and PPE to include, but not be limited to:
- Sanitizer •Face masks
- Face shields •Gloves
- Eye protection •Disposable surface protection sheets
- Training provided on use of PPE and cleaning supplies and requirements
- Training on safety procedures and signs of COVID -19
- Posted signs are located at company locations
Basic Infection Prevention Measures:
All employees are encouraged to practice good hygiene and infection control practices, including:
- Frequent and through hand washing – 20 Seconds with soap
- Sanitizer provided for self and surface cleaning
- Practice 6 feet distancing whenever possible
- Keeping face masks and shields properly cleaned and sanitized
- Stay home if you are sick
- Practice respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes
- It is discouraged to use other workers phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment when possible
- We encourage routine cleaning of your work area, vehicle and tools
- All tools and phone used on customer sites are to be cleaned prior to going to next site
- Cleaning of tablets – no touch signatures – tech typing of name mandatory
- We encourage using provided PPE to protect yourself and customer surfaces including but not limited to: sanitizers and disposable surface protection sheets
- Midwest will daily conduct self-screenings: track the health and wellbeing of our employees both on site as well as before dispatching them to visit any customer sites
- Properly adhere to all customer site requirements
- No touch practices:
- Customers not needed to sign tablets or pick up orders – technician/office representative required to type customer name for records
- Customer to read any payment card information to technician or company staff for no touch credit card payments
- Midwest will provide training to all employees on how to properly sanitize and use the PPE equipment provided
- Conference room or community break areas will be monitored for proper sanitizing and distance accommodations and recorded appropriately
- Prompt identification and isolation of potentially infectious individuals is critical:
- Employees who wish to report sickness or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 are to contact the HR director for prompt isolation away from works, customers and other visitors.
Communication of exposure or concerns:
Midwest Food Equipment Service Inc. values our employees and customers and take seriously the prevention of any illness. We are committed to having a supervisor available at any time during normal business hours, to assist, monitor and report any control strategies.
Company sites have posted notices of signs/symptoms of COVID-19 and when to seek emergency medical attention
If there is a need to communicate workplace concerns or possible exposure, you may express this to your immediate supervisor, HR director or via the company anonymous email. This can be expressed verbally, via email to HR@mfeservice.com or the company link for anonymous input, via our web site at www.mfeservice.com> survey link or the contact us link.
- Within 24 hours of notification of anyone who tests positive for COVID-19:
We will be obligated to notify the local health department, employees and any customer(s) who may have come in contact with any employee who tests positive for COVID-19. At no time will the name of the individual be shared
- Employee’s are encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 if you suspect possible exposure
- If an employee comes in contact with suspected COVID-19, contact HR immediately
Training can and will be provided on use of protective equipment and supplies. If at any time you wish to receive additional items and or training – please contact your immediate supervisor or HR director via: verbal, email at HR@mfeservice.com or voice mail